Pages


Wednesday

Daily News Anyone??

The other day I got the cutest picture from my Niece Sammy who is away at college.  She is just like her Aunt/Godmother and loves fun nails, makeup, handbags, jewelry, and fashion.  It was funny because I am usually the one with the scoop and when that text showed up I had to do a little investigating. 

What she had done was something called "Newspaper Nails" let me tell you they are so cute I wish I would have thought of them.  Here is the picture so you can see what they look like -
I immediately asked her how these cutie nails were done!  She told me that the nails were painted first with regular polish.  The newspaper was cut into small strips that were sized to fit over the nails.  Once the nails were completely dry, she poured a little bit of alcohol into a small dish.  She took one finger at a time and dipped it into the alcohol for about 15 seconds.  She grabbed the newspaper and pressed it firmly on the nail.  The paper was then rolled off of the nail and there it was - The Daily News!!! The final step was placing a clear top coat on to secure the paper and polish.  Cute and clever don't you thing? As I said before I am usually up on all the trends, especially for nails but this is one that I didn't know about.  Now all my girls at Proctor will have the heads up on this cutee trend as well!

As for my nails of the moment, they are adorned with my Chanel Fashion's Night Out limited edition colors in Coco Blue, and Blue Rebel.  Since my last gel nail experience, I have decided to give my own nails a try.  

In the case of handing down my love of all things beautiful, trendy, and fun to my Niece - This case is SOLVED!!!

Um ok I wish she handed down her hair to me!!!! Love you my gorgeous girl!  : ) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Detective Kathy

2 comments:

Sammy said...

Awww love you!! Glad I could finally show you something new. Miss youuu <3

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it all!