Pages


Monday

My Beauty Interview with Sharon Case Part 1

If you follow my posts you know that the gorgeous and talented Sharon Case, Sharon Newman from The Young and The Restless, graciously offered to do a beauty interview with me. I of course jumped at the chance to find out Sharon's beauty products of choice.  Before I get on to the Q & A with the Y & R star, let me first tell you what a pleasure it has been getting to know Sharon.  It all started with a question to her about what lipstick she was wearing on the show.  Who would have ever thought it would end up with me asking her questions for my blog!  Sharon is as gorgeous inside as she is outside.  Her kindness to her fans really makes us feel so special.  Sharon shares her time with us on Twitter, joining in on discussions about her character Sharon and also the real life Sharon.  I find it truly amazing that she would actually take the time to get to know her fans and share parts of her life with us.  I also have to say that I have met some amazing people who are also fans of Sharon.  We are community of Sharon Case fans and I have gotten to know some of them personally.  Some of the girls have fan sites dedicated to just Sharon, others have sites dedicated to Y & R.  I will put a few of them below so you can check them out as well.  You can find out for yourself just why we are fans! 

OK on to the interview, I am going to do half of the questions now, that are totally makeup related, and the other half in another post. 

Here are the first 5 beauty questions that I asked Sharon.  The answers are exactly hers as they were written back to me through email!  The questions and answers have not been altered in any way! 

1.  If you were to empty out your makeup bag right now, what products would we see?

Id see a mess! I've been meaning to clean out my makeup drawer for a long time. I have more lip glosses and mascaras than anything else, that's what I wear most days when I'm not at work. I don't buy a lot of big name brands, I have more drug store makeup like Cover Girl and Loreal though I've been using Bobbie Brown cream eyeliner for years. We use it everyday on the show too.  


2.  What is one makeup product that you could not live without?

Honestly, its my PrettyGirlMakeup.com lip gloss. I just cannot live without a great lip gloss. Its the one thing I wear everyday and I apply all day long. The second thing would be mascara, Clinique, because it really does stay on all day but then washes off easily without too much scrubbing. 


3.  What is your skincare routine?  What products do you use?
I do a home facial once a week which involves exfoliation, a mud mask and a moisture mask. Occasionally ill go to a salon for a deeper facial or microdermabrasion. Though I'm not necessarily into big name brands, I have nothing against them when they really work....lately I have been using Estee Lauder day and night cremes. I used to use a no-name moisturizer id buy at a local small salon called Accent On Skin. In fact, I used that product my entire life and I still like it today but these days i need a heavier product.


4.  When we spoke on Twitter, you mentioned that you love Pretty Girl Makeup.  What are your favorite products from Pretty Girl?
I like the entire makeup line at Pretty Girl. You'll find she has all the latest and greatest colors and the quality is amazing. I mostly wear the lip colors like "Soul Mates" and "Your A Doll" for everyday wear but I love the bolder colors too, it just depends on how I'm dressed that day.


5.  What is your everyday, not on set, makeup routine?
Off screen I have a beauty regimen more so than a makeup routine. My dermatologist told me to exfoliate at least 2 times a week and use a heavy moisturizer at least twice a day. The trick is to spend 5 minutes lightly massaging the moisturizer into your skin. The result is better hydration and circulation. I've notice a difference, my face looks fresher all day.

Well my friends, those are the first 5 questions that I asked Sharon.  If you follow my posts, or follow Sharon on Twitter, I am sure you already know about Pretty Girl Makeup!  I am thinking if you are a CRAZY fan like me, you already own both of the colors that Sharon mentioned!  With Sharon's permission, here is a photo taken from her Twitter photos.  This photo shows her holding up one of her favorite gloss in "Your A Doll!"
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.  I will be posting part 2 of my interview very soon.  I also have a Pretty Girl makeup Haul Review coming up in the next few days.  I went a little nuts and bought a ton of products from Pretty Girl.  I mean come on now, if they are one of Sharon's favorite, I had to give them a try!  I wanted to wear them for a while so I could give you my review. 

Here are the Y&R and Sharon Case fan sites that I told you about earlier in this post - Bonnie (@SharonCaseFans on Twitter) has a website dedicated to the gorg and talented Sharon -   http://sharoncasefans.com/ .   Bonnie is in the process of interviewing Sharon for her website!  Be sure to check that out.  I am sure Bonnie asked Sharon some great questions!  The next is Lynn (@ColonnadeLynn on Twitter)  Lynn's website is all about Y&R http://thecolonnaderoom.smfforfree3.com/index.php This is a wonderful and small group of ladies who chat about the show!  Lynn and I have a competition on who can own more of Sharon's POMP Jewelry!  I think Lynn is definitely winning!  These are just two of the wonderful ladies that I have gotten to know on Twitter!  There are so many more - Follow us and see!

In the case of being able to interview my favorite daytime diva - This case is SOLVED!!!!!

Detective Kathy

No comments: