Pages


Friday

B-day Haul Featuring - Tokyo Milk, Jo Malone, Nars, Deborah Lippman, & Hello Kitty

Well my Birthday was last Thursday and I had a fabulous day and weekend spending it with my wonderful friends and family.  I have also been sick and unable to spell my name, let alone write interesting words on my blog!  I thought that this was a perfect time to show you what I have accumulated over the past week. See what happens when you are home sick - you prowl the Internet like a hungry tiger!  I will write brief descriptions of everything so if you have any questions, please ask in the comment section! 

Here is a  picture of some items that I received for my birthday -
The first on the far left is the candle with the skull and crossbones.  This is from one of my favorite perfume lines Tokyo Milk.  I have written about one of their perfumes before called Dead Sexy.  This is a gorgeous fragrance which includes Deep Vanilla, Exotic Wood, White Orchid, and Ebony.  The gorgeous smelling candle is in the round tin, and a new bottle of perfume is next to it.  The perfume was actually a gift from my son who went all the way to my favorite store and bought it for me! Next up is fragrance by Jo Malone called Blue Agava & Cacoa Cologne.  I had heard of Jo Malone fragrances before but was never able to get my greedy perfume lovin hands on one until now.  This smell is exquisite!  Very sexy and fresh.  This also came with a TON of samples of Jo Malone's other amazing fragrances.  They are meant to mix and match, which I love to do.  Next up is an amazing eyeshadow palette from Nars called Arabian Nights.  If a shimmery, dark smoky eye is what you crave, this bad boy is a must!  I have a ton of black shadows that I always get compliments on.  Everyone says that they like the BLUE on my eyes.  This palette is true BLACK in every since of the word.  Since I am not tan anymore this is gorgeous and really makes that smoky "Glam Fairy" eye that I love.  Next is a polish from Deborah Lippman, my first and definitely not my last.  It is in the color Bad Romance.  This color is to die for!  Dark, rich, and mysterious.  LOVE IT!  Next are two other products form Tokyo Milk.  These are from their Dark Collection.  I received the  hand cream in Bulletproof.  This  features notes of Smoked Tea, Coconut Milk, Crushed Cedar, and Ebony Woods.  I also received the Lip Elixer in Salted Caramel.  It smells Divine and tastes so good you want to eat it!  Last but not least is my Hello Kitty Roller Ball Bling perfume in Grapefruit.  This cutie little roller ball makes me smile every time I pull it out of my handbag.  The smell works wonderful with my Jo Malone and compliments it perfectly.  WOW I went from dark and mysterious to Hello Kitty in a matter of seconds! 

I want to put a close up of the Nars palette so you can really see the colors -
I received a lot of gift certificates from Ulta which I couldn't wait to use up!  I actually decided to try a new line for me - Smashbox.  Detective Lynn and I spent countless hours, well maybe just one hour, finding just the right products for me!  I only had a few random Smashbox items and thought, since I am another year older, I should get some soft focus, HD products for my skin.  I will do a separate post on all of those products.  I used them all last week and they seem to work wonderful.  If you follow me on Twitter, you see that I received a new package from them yesterday.  So many perks ordering from the Smashbox web site.  I will tell you more in my next post. I also started using a new line for my curls called Quidad.  I am loving that as well.  So much more to share but one post at a time!

I hope that you enjoyed my haul.  I LOVE everything and cant wait to get better so I can wear all my new favs!

In the case of having a wonderful birthday this year - This case is SOLVED

Detective Kathy

4 comments:

Chelle said...

What a nice birthday haul! I have been curious about Deborah Lippmann polishes recently! I hope you feel better and enjoy your goodies! :)

The Makeup Detective said...

Hi Chelle,

Thanks so much! My girlfriend gave me the D.L. polish and I have to say it is ahmazing! It has a ton of glitter in it and it goes on thick. Its not like the sheer glitter polish where you have to put a color under it. I also bought Rainbow Connection from the Muppet Collection. That is nice but definitely needs a color under it. If you don't use one it takes about 4 coats to cover. The only thing I find with glitter polish is that it peels off of my natural nails. When I had fake I never had to worry about that! Oh well I like being able to change color anytime I want. : )

Herryponting said...

Good Post..
Weleda Products

The Makeup Detective said...

Thank you so much!