Pages


Tuesday

Pretty Girl Makeup ... Yummy Mummy Review

If you follow my posts or follow me on Twitter, you know that I recently found a new cosmetic company called Pretty Girl Makeup.  I ordered on the recommendation of the gorgeous Sharon Case.  Do I really need to explain who Sharon is?  I think not, if you don't know who, you must not be following my blog posts  religiously like you should!  : ) Sharon told me on Twitter that some of her favorite products are from Pretty Girl.  I immediately placed my order and it really was love at first swipe.  First swipe of the lipstick and lipgloss that is!  I will have a complete makeup review coming within the next few days.  This review is actually about a body product called Yummy Mummy! 

Before I go on any further let me tell you a little bit about the creator of Pretty Girl.  Christina Flach, a pretty girl herself, is the CEO and also a FORD Makeup Artist.  She and I have become pen pals ever since my very first order of Pretty Girl! My first email to the gorgeous Christina was to add something else to my order.  The next email was a color recommendation.  The next .. well the rest is history because we chat quite a bit these days about her fabulous products!  I first fell in love with Pretty Girl because of the top notch quality of the products.  The classy, fun, and unique packaging was also a huge factor!  Having Christina be so helpful, down to earth, and real, makes it that much better!  Christina has taken her life experiences and expertise as a FORD Makeup Artist to create this expressive line.  This line maintains the highest level of quality.  I have always felt that when a top Makeup Artist creates his or her own line of cosmetics and skincare, it must be a quality product.  Just think they are actually using it on their clients and putting their name on the line, in more ways than one.  Christina uses her makeup on the many celebrities that she works with.  I know as a Makeup Artist myself, I only use the highest quality products on my clients.  I would not settle for anything less. Today I just talked to my friend Stacy about using Pretty Girl for her wedding makeup in September! I told her that we will definitely be using the lip products because they are so gorg and stay on FOREVER! 

Ok now on to the review - YUMMY MUMMY!  What is it you ask?  Good question, here is the information taken from Pretty Girl website -

Yummy Mummy Vanilla Sugar Aloe Vera Body Cream is loaded with soothing Aloe Vera and Shea butter to give your skin the nourishment it needs to stay extra pretty! Ideal for pretty mummies on the go to help with stretch marks, tired swollen feet and dry skin.

I have to say when I first opened the jar the smell was absolutely amazing!  It smelled like warm vanilla, not that sicky sweet vanilla, that yummy warm vanilla that makes everyone happy when they smell it. The texture of this cream is semi thick and not greasy at all.  I put it on my hands and arms and it soaked right in to my skin.  My skin felt so smooth and soft immediately after I put it on.  Another plus is you only need to use a little of this rich cream to keep your skin hydrated.  I have been using it everyday since I received it and I must say, I am totally in love!  My skin is super duper dry from this Upstate NY weather, and Yummy Mummy does the trick.  It has become my nighttime ritual to apply this right before I go to bed.  The smell is heavenly and helps me have sweet dreams!  Don't worry, you don't have to be a mummy to use this, this is good for everyone!  Christina also suggests using this in the summer after you come in out of the sun.  I can just imagine myself on a warm sunny day getting out of my pool, slathering some Yummy Mummy on and smelling that yummy vanilla scent.  OK so that is NOT going to happen for a few more months...a girl can dream can't she? 

Just to let you know, this product comes in a huge 8oz tub and it sells for $20.00 at www.prettygirlmakeup.com  If you use the code "PRETTY" in the checkout you will receive 25% off of your order.  This means that the price for this fab cream will only be $15.00! Here is Yummy Mummy below -
Yummy Mummy Vanilla Sugar Scented Shea Butter Cream
If you have a Twitter account you can follow the gorgeous and talented Christina at @Prettygirlmkup ... Christina also has a facebook account.  If you search for Pretty Girl Makeup, you will find her!  This is where you can find out about new products and specials.  She also likes to post her Pretty Girl lipstick of the day! Ok  so I totally do that as well on Twitter!  Sometimes I am even wearing the same color as Sharon!  If you have any questions about Pretty Girl please don't hesitate to ask.  As I said, my makeup review will be coming up soon.  I bought a ton of amazing products that I cannot wait to share with all of you. 
 
If you purchased any Pretty Girl, please comment below and let me know what you received and how much you love it! 
 
In the case of becoming a VIP (Very Important Pretty) and wanting to share my new love with all of you - This case is SOLVED!
 
Detective Kathy

No comments: