Pages


Monday

Detective Kathy's June Favorites

WOW I cannot believe that we are already into July!  These months are flying by.  Anyhew, I thought it was about time that I got on here and wrote about my June favorites.  Some are the same as last month but I have also discovered some new favs that are at the top of my list! Here we go -

Face - (Same as last month) Neutrogena  Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover, Clarins Delectable Self-Tanning Mousse (evening), Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair (morning).
Hair - Instead of body products, since they are exactly the same as last month, I thought I would put my favorite hair products.  In a recent trip to Ulta I discovered that they sell one of my all time favorite conditioners.  The conditioner is called Terax Crema.  I used to get this at my salon years ago.  For those of you that don't know me, I have VERY course, thick, curly hair.  I color it myself so it tends to be on the drier side.  The Terax gives me a lot of moisture and I only use a tiny bit.  It is a little expensive, $22.00 for the tube.  I used my 20% Ulta coupon so was able to save a little on the product.  I have to be honest, it is TOTALLY worth the money for me and my curly locks.  Below you will find a photo of the hair products that I currently use.  The first is Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, I like to change it up when it comes to shampoo.  I will use up this bottle and try something else.  I think I will be sticking with the Terax especially since it is available at my home away from home - ULTA!  The next is TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier.  I have been using this product for years and years.  One pump is all I need for all of my hair.  With my hair LESS IS DEFINITELY MORE.  The next is another old favorite - It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product.  I like to spray this all over to help heal and protect my hair from the blow dryer.  The final step in my absolute favorite of all time hairspray - Paul Mitchell Super Clean Spray.  I love, love, love this.  It is the only hairspray that doesn't make my hair dry out. 
Perfume - If you follow my posts you already know that I am a perfume-aholic!  I LOVE perfume and want to buy more and more.  Lately there is a combo that I am absolutely loving.  I use Fresh Sugar Lychee and spray it all over.  I then use my Tocca Giulietta Solid Fragrance and put it on my pulse points.  The two together are absolutely beautiful.  I usually like the dark, sexy, and sultry fragrances and this combo is the total opposite.  It is quite understated and romantic.  It reminds me of walking in a long white dress through a garden filled with beautiful flowers with the ocean directly in the background.  Um ok like I do that EVER! Well that is what I feel I should be doing while wearing this. 

Lips - Last but not least is my favorite lip products.  I am quite tan so I had to change up my lip colors a bit to compliment my skin tone.  I am back to loving the nude lip these days.  When you see these colors below, remember that I DO NOT apply them straight out of the tube like you would a normal lipstick.  I remember when I first started buying nude colors I would do this and not like them at all.  They actually have to be put on very gently so that you don't look like Halloween, especially when you are dark.  I have been loving my Tom Ford (now lets talk about sexy, this man could sell me anything) Lipstick in Vanilla Suede.  This is like the name suggests a vanilla with a bit of gold shimmer.  If you can get your paws on a Tom Ford lipstick I highly suggest it.  They are very expensive but they definitely are PURE LUXURY!  From the case, to the scent, to the color payoff, I have to say they are definitely worth the $$$!  I have been liking this with my new Chanel Glossimer in #287 Aurore over top.  I have also been loving YSL #2 Sensual Silk with the same Chanel over it.  These have been my go to lip colors for last month. 
Well friends, I think my June favorites have to come to an end at this time.  I have a few things already for July that I have been loving so next month I will be changing it up a bit.  I purchased a few Dior products so I will be blogging about them soon.  I also did my pre-order for the Chanel Anniversary sale.  I will be posting on that as well. 

In the case of getting through the month of June using some old favs and discovering some new - This case is SOLVED!

Ok so one non makeup favorite, well he is the creator of one of my favorite lipsticks : ) TOM FORD!

Detective Kathy

No comments: