Pages


Thursday

My Chanel order from Nordstroms!

I was so excited yesterday to FINALLY come home and see 2 boxes at my door!  I absolutely love waiting for packages to come.  When I see that brown UPS truck rolling down my street, my heart begins to skip a beat.  The anticipation as to whether or not he will stop at my house.  I sit and peer out the window praying that he will just slow down a little, park his big brown truck, and pop out with a package! OMG it is so exciting...well, not when he keeps on a rolling down the street passing my house : ( I am sure you have all been there one time or another, come on girls, and/or guys, you know the feeling! Ok now on to our regularly scheduled blogging!

As you all know I placed an order from the Nordstroms Anniversary Sale! I ended up only getting a few products but they are fabu!  From the Anniversary Sale I only got one limited edition (UH that word) product.  It is a Rouge Allure Lipstick in Desinvolte.  I wasn't sure if I would like this from the swatches that were online.  I thought it might be a little too dark for me.  It is actually very pretty.  On my skin it turns very pink.  Thought it is not my typical nude pink, it is very pretty and I am happy that it found its way into my makeup bag.  I used this today with Chanel Glossimer in #151 Aragonite.  This is a white color with pink and blue sparkles.  The combo, along with Whirl liner from MAC, was absolutely gorgeous.  Here is the lipstick below, with the glossimer in all their pinkyness -


I had originally thought I ordered the Pearl Shimmer Powder from the Anniversary Sale.  I guess after talking with Ondrea we decided that since I am very tan, I should go with the gold highlighter instead of the pearly white one.  The next Limited Edition product that I purchased was from the Byzantine Collection.  This is the Joues Contraste Powder Blush in OR.  This is a gorgeous sparkly gold!  I actually had this color many years ago.  It was called Eldorado years ago when I purchased it.  As soon as I saw this OR, I knew it had to be mine.  I know you are thinking, why don't I just reach into my stash and pull out the Eldorado but unfortunately, that has gone to Chanel heaven, the place where I hope to go one day!  I used the OR today on my cheeks and thought it gave a slight gold shimmer.  I read that makeup genius, Peter Philips, the Creative Director for Chanel, used this on the runway.  He wet a shadow brush and swirled it into the powder and placed it all around the eye as a liner.  This gave a wonderful 24k gold effect.  I will definitely be giving this a try.  Here is the powder below in all its shimmeryness-


The final product that I decided to purchase is another product that I had years ago when it first came out.  Remember I have been a Chanel girl since Vamp made its way onto my nails in 1994!  The product that I ended up purchasing is the Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base.  Since YouTube and all the reviews on this product, it has made its way to becoming a cult favorite!  Since I am a tanner, I wasn't sure if this product would actually show up on my skin.  I had to order it anyway and get it into my greedy little paws.  Rumor is that it is being discontinued.  I still haven't found out if this is a horrible sick rumor, or the sad truth.  This product is a large pot filled with bronzey goodness.  For my skin it doesn't work as a bronzer.  It is not much different than my skin tone.  Today I used it with a MAC brush #130 and applied it all over my face.  I then continued on with my Ambe Dual Powder Foundation on top.  The combo was absolutely perfect.  I am so happy that Soleil Tan De Chanel and I were reunited!  I definitely have to find out if this is going to Chanel heaven.  If it is I will be getting a back up.  Here is the product in all its bronzeyness -

Now my small but expensive Chanel haul must come to an end.  I am totally happy with my purchases.  There is something about opening a box and when you first make eye contact with the Chanel logo.  Don't worry, I won't give you a play by play like the UPS man rolling down the street!  I am sure you have felt this way about something too! 

I will be taking a short break from blogging because, I am going to NYC to visit my sister!  I am so excited because I LOVE NEW YORK!  Though my sister made it clear that this trip is NOT for shopping, I will hit up the local Sephora while I am there.  I am interested in some Illamasqua products.  Also Chelsea Market is the home of Inglot cosmetics so I might have to hit them up.  Oh and there is a Fresh store on Broadway with that nice girl Jessica, oh and there is the Nars Boutique that just opened up, oh and there are the Chanel and Dior Boutiques. OH MY.... sister is going to be mad!!! So much for not shopping!

In the case of purchasing even more Chanel makeup - The case is now and forever OPEN, until I go to Chanel Heaven that is!

Detective Kathy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and your blogs!! Thank you for making my day!

The Makeup Detective said...

Ahhhh thank you for making MY day with your comment! xoxoxox

SammieD said...

Don't hate but I got all four lip colors from this sale. 2 lipsticks and 2 glossimers. Plus the eyeshadow quad, more lip and nail colors from the fall collection and I threw in a Nars eyeshadow as well. Love it all!

The Makeup Detective said...

Sammie,

hahahaha You got me beat! The only thing I regret getting is the Blossom Glossimer. I had a little regret about that. I just have so many glossimers I didn't think I needed another. I really want the Topkaki quad from the Byzantine Collection. I went to get it online but it was sold out. Did you get Graphite polish? It is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your goodies! xoxoxo Miss you! PS. When you do a fabu haul, you can be a guest blogger anytime! : )