Pages


Tuesday

Detective Kathy's Lip Trio Of The Day

If you follow my posts you know that I am a total lip junkie! I am not the girl with the favorite lipstick she can't live without.  I am the girl with the 50 favorite lipsticks she can't live without!  As you know I ordered a few Pretty Girl Lipsticks and one gloss, which I love dearly!  I have been wearing "Day At The Spa" everyday since it arrived.  Today I thought I would go back in time to a combo I used to wear years ago.  I did add one new color to the combo to make it a trio of nude perfection!  The first color is my old stand by Lip Liner in Nude by Chanel.  I wore this color for years and years and then decided to try something new.  I called Heather from Nordstroms Mall of America the other day to order an Estee Lauder LE product, which I will talk about in a separate post, and I told her to throw in a Nude Liner for old times sake.  It came yesterday and I immediately fell in love all over again!  The color is just AH-MAZING and I couldn't wait to wear it today.  What I decided to pair it with is my newer Chanel lipstick from the Rouge Allure Matte line called LaFurtive.  I did show this in a previous post below.  This is limited edition and only available on Chanel.com.  So I have my Nude liner, my matte nude lipstick, and I had to put a fabu gloss over top to make this lip look complete.  Sticking with the Chanel theme, I decided to break out another blast from the past, also in a previous post below, Twinkle Glossimer.  Twinkle is a gorgeous peachy gold with a frost shimmer.  Twinkle was actually one of the first Glossimers I bought years ago when Chanel first introduced them. I actually didn't think it was still being made but Heather found it for me! Here is the trio pictured below-

I really don't know if the picture does these colors justice! The three together create the perfect peachy and shimmery gold nude lip!  This was a perfect trio - for today at least! I am sure tomorrow something new will be gracing my lips! I have to say out of all cosmetics, for me, lip colors are my favorite! With that said, I did purchase one more lip product that I will quickly tell you about.

I bought the Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal.  This is a gorgeous creamy, milky, matte, pale pink.  It has lip plumping agents in it like the Lip Injection Gloss that Too Faced is famous for.  I had passed this color up before but the other day at Ulta, I could not resist any longer.  It is a great color to use with a dramatic black smokey eye.  I will use it with my Chanel Nude liner and it will be pure, pink, perfection!  Here is the Barely Legal below -

Ok so that is all the lip products I have for you today.  I do have two other products that I will be writing about soon.  One is the Topaz Chameleon from Estee Lauder's spring 2012 collection.  I would like to use it a few more days before I give my review.  The next is a prize that I won from a Twitter Contest! Yes, another contest on Twitter! Have I mentioned that I LOVE TWITTER lately? 

In the case of purchasing more lip products than the law allows - This case will never be SOLVED!

Detective Kathy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any recommendations for any brand of lipstick in a berry color? I'm just sick about my favorite being discontinued (although I stockpiled... one at home, one at work, one in my briefcase, and one in my purse. LOL!) I love lipstick, but it makes me nervous trying new colors because what if I hate it and I'm stuck w/ a product I won't wear? Ugh! ~ColonnadeLynn

Anonymous said...

Hrmm that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that its nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer. Thanks.

The Makeup Detective said...

Hi Lynn, I was wondering if you can tell me the brand and color that your fav lipstick is? I think if I know, I will be able to recommend a color for you. I worked in cosmetics for many years & lipstick colors were always being discontinued. I wouldn't stop until I found my client a replacement, even if I had to go to a different line that I didn't sell. Let me know and I am sure we can come up with something!

The Makeup Detective said...

Thank you for the comment, below Lynns! If you have a brand and color that needs to be matched, please let me know and I will investigate for you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help, Kathy! It was Revlon Beyond Natural in Deep Berry (070). I'm not picky about how sheer or thick the replacement is, or even if it's matte or glossy. I'm even willing to order off the Internet if necessary if it's a brand I can't find here. [Small town!]

I tried a berry-colored lipstain (I think it was CoverGirl), thinking, "Great! It'll be long-lasting, & hopefully I'll like the color." But oh my! It made me look like a clown! Not the look I was going for. Ha ha! ~ColonnadeLynn

Chelle said...

Nice lippies!!

The Makeup Detective said...

Hi Chelle! Thanks so much!

Lynn, I looked up swatches of the Deep Berry and I have two thoughts. My first, as soon as I saw the color I thought of Clinique's Black Honey Lipstick. If you do check this out don't be nervous when you see the almost black color in the tube. This formula is actually VERY sheer and closely resembles the Deep Berry! The other option is to try out some of the new sheer lip tints that are at the drug store. Lines such as Maybelline and Revlon have sheer tints that are super pretty. I have a Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach and it leaves a slight moisturizing tint. I read that the Revlon Lip Butters do the same. If I make it to Rite Aid this weekend I will check them out for you. In the meantime, I checked out this website and she has the swatches up for the Lip Butters. The one that looked the closest to me is Berry Smoothie. Here is the link so you can check them out - http://www.scrangie.com/2012/01/new-revlon-colorburst-lip-butter.html. From what I have read, the Lip Butters are better than the Baby Lips and have more pigment. LMK if this helps and I will update you if I find anything else similar! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your suggestions, Kathy! I can't wait to check them out! And I'm excited to have options! ~ColonnadeLynn