Pages


Saturday

Happy Mother's Day & My Beauty Inspiration!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and  I wanted to share with you my beauty inspiration....My Mother.  I was nine years old when she passed away so unfortunately I don't remember much about her.  I do however remember the Chanel bottle that sat on her dresser along with some perfumes from Avon and Estee Lauder.  There was also a brand called Jean Nate that she had in lotion, spray, and powder form.  Many of you have probably never heard of that.  I remember peachy almost flesh toned nail polish.  I can look down at my hands and picture the color as if it were yesterday.  I remember powder compacts that I would give anything to have right now.  I also remember scented body powder in a box with a large puff. 

As I grew up and got into makeup I always wondered if my mother would have come to the makeup counter to see me?  Would she let me do her makeup?  Would she come in to get the free gifts with her friends?  Would she be proud of me and the love that I have for beauty?   I recently found some pictures that I would like to share with you.  These pictures answer those questions for me -




In the case of me wondering if if I got my love for beauty from my Mother.  This case is  - SOLVED!

Tomorrow I will share my Mother's Day with some very special people.  I will make beautiful memories that will last a life time!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  May you remember mothers that have passed, and make beautiful memories with the mothers that you are lucky enough to still have in your life!   xoxoxoxoxox

Detective Kathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice Kath! She was beautiful both inside and out! I think about and miss my "second mother" often.