Pages


Wednesday

MAC - Big Bounce Shadow Review

When I went to the MAC counter to pick up my Lip Gelee's, I saw this new cream shadow called Big Bounce.  These are from the Flighty Color Collection.  Big Bounce shadows come in 16 shades.  Here is the description taken from the MAC website - Eyes are fresh and luminescent with beautiful sheen washes of vibrant color using new Flighty Eye Shadows. This spongy, mousse-like eye shadow is lightweight, lasts for hours, and imparts a cooling sensation upon application. 

When I first applied the Big Bounce shadow I thought of if more as a small roll!  I put it on and the color pay off was not enough for me to wear alone.  Btw the color I got is Trophy, which is soft peach with pearl.  I decided to put a color over this and use it as a base.  I chose MAC's All That Glitters to swipe over the Trophy.  I then continued with MAC's Carbon in the crease.  I have to say that the colors are a little more vibrant and so far they haven't creased.  One downfall would be that my pencil eyeliner was harder to apply.  It makes the colors used over it a little more frosty and shiny.  This is usually not a look that I go for anymore.  I guess here is a, "less is more" time for me.  I used to wear only frosty shadows.  Now that I am getting older I choose shadows with a light sheen or slight shimmer.  I try to avoid anything with frost.  I also avoid putting a color under my brow, especially a frost or shimmer.  I do occassionaly swipe on some glitter.  I guess I will never be too old for glitter : )

TIP - Applying an eyeshadow base will make the color stay longer.  I like to apply it with a concealer brush.  I apply a thin layer and then place the eye color over it.  I always do this when I do makeovers.  This ensures the staying power of the eyeshadow.  Brides are usually done early in the morning and the eye color stays fresh all day.  MAC and Clinique make bases with no shimmer or shine.  These will not alter the color of the shadow that you will use on top of it. 

All in all the Big Bounce shadows are not something that I would NOT re-purchase.  I have some other eyeshadow bases that I use and really don't need to add anymore to my collection.  I also would not choose to use this while doing makeovers on clients.  I would not want to take the risk of it creasing due to the fact that it is not a true base. 

I guess in the case of the "Big Bounce" I will stick to my first impression - It's a "Small Roll".  This case is - SOLVED!


Detective Kathy

No comments: