Pages


Tuesday

Perfume - Some wear one..I wear many!

At the moment I am addicted to perfume.  I have come so far from the days of only wearing Eternity by Calvin Klein.  When I was younger that was my signature scent.  These days its not a signature scent anymore for me.  It really depends on the mood I am in. 

For me wearing a fragrance really makes me think of a time and place in my life.  I posted that I recently bought Stella by Stella McCartney.  This fragrance takes me back to a Makeup Trade Show that I did in Buffalo, NY a few years ago.  I was working for Lancome and was asked to go to the show and be a makeup artist for them.  This was such an exciting time for me.  One makeover right after the other.  I was definitely in my glory!  The night before the show I purchased my first bottle of Stella.  When I smelled it on Saturday I had to purchase it.  Chanel fragrances remind me of being at the Chanel counter which is my home away from home.  They are so classy and sophisticated.  They make me very happy.  My mother wore Chanel #5.  When I wear this I think of her and can remember it sitting on her dresser when I was a child.

Below I have some of my favorites in my collection at this time.  From Left to Right -  Tom Ford Black Orchid, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel #5, CSP Vanille Mokha, Chane Eau Tendre, Prada, Bond No 9 Nuits De Noho, Fresh Cannabis Santal, Jessica Simpson Fancy Love, Lollia Wish, Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, Victoria Secrets Cashmere Vanilla Jasmine.  Another favorite of mine is Angel but I cannot seem to locate it at this time. 



I also have a small addiction to roller ball perfumes.  Below you will find some of my collection -

I won't go through all of these but they are mostly Bond No 9 Bon Bon's.  Some were sent to me for free from the company.  If you purchase a full size there is a VIP card in the box.  They will occasionally send you a free Bon Bon that is worth $50.00 when a new fragrance comes out.  I love the small ones so that I can try them to see which ones I like the best.  So far my favorite is Coney Island.  I have yet to purchase a full size.  I think I love it because it actually reminds me of last summer when I went to Coney Island.  I love the old charm that it has!  If you have any questions about any of the fragrances shown here, please comment below.  Also tell me what your favorite is!

In the case of smelling good on a daily basis - I think that I have this case - SOLVED!

Detective Kathy

2 comments:

Christina Monaco said...

Do you find that Tom Ford Black Orchid to be too strong for during the day?

The Makeup Detective said...

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your comment! I actually find that Tom Ford is a stronger fragrance. I happen to wear it in the winter and fall during the day even though it is on the stronger side. I like to wear perfumes that I can smell on myself and also smell throughout the day. I will say that when I do wear it both men and woman do comment. This is by far one of my favorite. That is my third bottle. This is definitely not for the shy! This is very sexy! I will put the notes of this fragrance below for you!

Notes:
Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Orchid (Tom Ford Black Accord), Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanilla.