Pages


Tuesday

Review - Purr by Katy Perry

In my Ulta Haul #2 you see that I purchased Purr Perfume by Katy Perry.  I have to admit that I am usually not a fan of the "celebrity" inspired fragrances, with the exception of Fancy by Jessica Simpson.  When Makeupbytiffanyd (YouTube) described it in one of her videos I had to go and smell it.  When I did I immediately thought that it was a gorgeous, sweeter than normal for me, fragrance.  I could smell the vanilla and the rose which I really liked. 

Here is the description taken from Nordstroms - Purr by Katy Perry eau de parfum begins with the aroma of peach nectar and forbidden apple, evolves with a distinct floral bouquet of jasmine blossom, Bulgarian rose and vanilla orchid, and slowly reveals accents of creamy sandalwood and musk. Like the singer herself, Purr is playful yet sophisticated. Katy Perry transcends barriers with her music—so does her new fragrance.

So love at first spray was what I encountered at my local Ulta.  I had to bring this gorgeous fragrance home to add to my collection.  The bottle, personally, I DO NOT like at all.  I really don't have anything against cats but I usually go for a perfume bottle a little more classy than cutesy.  The juice itself, as I said before smells absolutely gorgeous.  There is one problem, the staying power.  I brought my purse spray to work today and found myself spraying it over and over.  This could be because I usually wear fragrances that are so strong. 

This is a fragrance that reminds me of Escada fragrances.  They have that sweet vanilla, almost tropical drink kind of fragrance.  Fun, flirty, fruity, and floral is how I would describe this.  I think I will save this for the summer when I want something light and fresh.  I am happy that I took TiffanyD's recommendation and gave this a try!
I guess in the case of finding a purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect scent for summer - This case is SOLVED! 

Detective Kathy


No comments: