Pages


Monday

It's time to stop going nude!

Stop going nude with my lip color of course!  I have been MIA for a while due to the fact that - Upstate NY has finally seen the light, well the sun!  I have definitely taken advantage of this which means my makeup had to change.  I tend to get a ton of color in the summer since I am always outside.  Unfortunately, I can no longer pull of my favorite nude pout.  As I was looking through my lipstick/gloss collection, I remembered how much I love to wear glittery lips in the summer.  I came across some old favorites that I used last summer. 

The first combo is from Chanel.  The Lipstick is a Chanel Rouge Coco in the color Chintz.  This is a gorgeous pinky/peach.  This is actually pretty light but definitely not that nude color.  Over the top of Chintz, I like to put Chanel Glossimer in Coral Love.  This is a coral with a ton of gold shimmer.  Both of these colors are still available at Chanel counters and online.  This combo looks great with a tan! 
The next combo that I love is a color from last years MAC collection, Digi-Pop.  It is a lipstick called Win-Win.  I know that this is definitely not available at counter, however you could try a CCO to see if they have it.  This color is a shimmery (glitter stick) of pink.  Over the top of this, I use Christian Dior's DiorKiss in Fizzy Lemonade.  This can be found at most Sephora stores and online.  This is definitely a dazzling combo.
 
As you can see from the pictures, these are totally different from the nudes that I was loving a few weeks ago.  I know that I will still be able to pull off some of my favorite nudes in the coming summer months.  I do feel that the slightly deeper, and shimmery shades look better with my coloring. 

With my summer glitter lips I find myself liking a matte eyeshadow.  I definitely DO NOT want to look like a shiny little disco ball!

In the case of finding color combos to work with my tanned skin - This case is OPEN.  It is open because you know I will never stop looking for new lip combos.  What fun would that be and also what would I have to blog about? 

Next up are my May favorites! 

Detective Kathy

No comments: